10 January 2011

so yesterday i decided that my goal for the week should be: re-instate old lady bed time.

well... it's 11:30.

so in the words of the kids: fail miss... fail.

but this is where the fact that i teach that mistakes are a part of the learning process comes in. mistakes are ok / not a big deal as long as we try.

and sometimes even when we have good intentions and we TRY - it doesn't work.

lately i've been trying to apply some of the stuff i teach to my students to my own life.

for example - if i was making a comment on this situation i would say "you made the choice to not be in bed on time therefore you made the choice to be tired and potentially cranky tomorrow - however, the important part of that is; you made the choice"

so turning that around - while making mistakes are ok as long as i'm trying. sometimes it's my choices that cause me to make more mistakes - like being tired and cranky at work.

last night i actually was sleeping by 11:00/11:30 which is pretty huge for me, and for the first time in a long time i didn't feel the need or want to curl up in a chair and sleep at any point during the day. yesterday my choices created a good today for myself.

perhaps the acknowledgement of a good day due to good choices will get me back on track with my goal.

because hey, there's always tomorrow.

1 comment:

jennyc said...

i like this.
you're such a teacher. and that's a good thing.
i was watching the news today on my supper break at work and when they were doing the weather they said, "And now, for the big land.." when they went to labrador. Made me think of you. Also, when i see that map I can't believe how far up there you are!
anyway, i hope you have a good sleep tonight.
and i still love old lady bedtime. 10-10 30 is optimal. and 9 30 if i worked that day :)